Frequently Asked Questions
How does a Caregiver Coach differ from just another Life Coach?
My role as a caregiver coach is to give you emotional support for the challenges you are facing. As a primary caregiver for my mother with dementia, there are many situations I may have also experienced. For those of you who may be caregiving alone, you'll receive validation for your struggles & overwhelm that help you feel understood & less alone. You will find an extra dose of compassion & gentleness while still moving towards the small and steady changes you want to make for a more peaceful centered life.
How does a life coach help a client?
- Actively listening
- Powerful Questioning
- Coaching tools and techniques to assess client’s needs & values
- Brainstorm to discover available options and resources
- Creating small achievable action steps
- Accountability to keep moving toward goals
How is therapy different from coaching?
- Helps with healing psychological/mental health issues
- Often focused on the past
- Helps client’s recover from past trauma
- The therapist is the expert
- Works with clients to make new changes and actions
- Focuses on setting & reaching goals for the future
- Creates awareness and accountability for new choices and behaviors
- The client is the expert of their own life
We strongly advise you to seek professional advice from a therapist if you have any concerns about your psychological/mental health.
Are your coaching services covered by insurance?
No, our coaching services are not covered by insurance. However, coaching can be incredibly helpful to your personal transformation that it is well worth the investment.
What is the cost?
Most people who are in a caregiving situation benefit from coaching services for 6 months, a year, or even multiple years. It depends on where you are in your caregiving journey and what you need. During your free consultation, we can discuss the appropriate amount of time that best meets your needs. Looking at your possible goals, desired frequency of sessions, and financial considerations, we will decide which coaching package is best for you.
What is the time allotted for coaching sessions?
Ideally, a 3-6 month commitment is recommended to get started to allow you time to apply & integrate your new self-discoveries, choices, and habits. Sessions occur 2-4 times a month depending on client’s needs, availability and finances. Our sessions are held over the telephone or via video call (i.e. Zoom).