Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Life Coach?
A professional who helps you achieve your personal and professional goals. Life coaching provides you with clarity, empowerment, and accountability to make new choices for a more fulfilling life.
How does a life coach help a client?
- Actively listening
- Powerful Questioning
- Coaching tools and techniques to assess client’s needs & values
- Brainstorm to discover available options and resources
- Creating small achievable action steps
- Accountability to keep moving toward goals
How is therapy different from coaching?
- Helps with healing emotional or psychological issues
- Often focused on the past
- Helps client’s recover from past trauma
- Helps client’s work through anxiety or depression
- The therapist is the expert
- Works with clients to make new changes and actions
- Focuses on setting & reaching goals for the future
- Creates awareness and accountability for new choices and behaviors
- The client is the expert of their own life
We strongly advise you to seek professional advice from a therapist if you have any concerns about your psychological health.
Are your coaching services covered by insurance?
No, our coaching services are not covered by insurance.
What is the cost?
Each coaching engagement is specifically tailored to meet the client's needs. The duration of the coaching commitment will depend on client's goals, frequency of sessions and financial considerations.
What is the time allotted for coaching sessions?
Ideally a 3 month commitment is recommended to allow you time to apply & integrate your new self-discoveries, choices, and habits. Sessions occur 2-4 times a month depending on client’s needs, availability and finances. Our sessions are held over the telephone or via video call (i.e. Zoom).